I pack my backpack and take....
Packing list for the perfect bike trip:
- Wear a helmet! MTB helmets from ABUS
- Weatherproof backpack cover
- Plenty of water!
- Garbage bags
- And a suitable lock for taking breaks. Your lock from ABUS
- Good cycling clothes with sufficient padding
- In addition, perhaps waterproof clothing.
- A wind or rain jacket
- Rain gear
- Toilet paper
- Good cream for your booty ;-)
First Aid Kit
- Tick tweezers
- Mosquito repellent
- Blister cushions
- Cell phone
- Bike computer
- ID card
- Credit card
- Health insurance card
- Plan a bike ride based on your fitness level: If you are fit, you can take on a longer day trip. Remember that you may need to take luggage with you. It takes some getting used to, and it makes cycling harder.
- You can plan on 60 to 70 kilometers a day. The legs of the journey can gradually be made longer.
- The most pleasant time for a longer trip is in spring or early summer. You don't need extra warm clothes and it's not too hot.
- Find out about the trails and the region ahead of time: Are the roads on the route mostly asphalt? Or will you be riding on dirt and hiking trails most of the way?
- There are helpful websites and apps on the Internet that can be used as guides to help plan the route.